Hey, Milwaukee, it’s almost time to “Occupy Milwaukee”
More Local Newswire
- Former Guns N’ Roses bassist Duff McKagan gives Summerfest a shout-out in Rolling Stone
- Great job, Milwaukee! Milwaukee named best city in known universe
- Watch Mark Borchardt sub for Ryan Gosling in Drive
- Milwaukee’s Special Entertainment unveils ridiculous On Cinema app, featuring Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkington
- Love The Noble? Help it stay in business by contributing to “Save The Noble”
In case you thought that living within the city limits qualified you as a Milwaukee occupier, it’s time to think again, grandpa. On Oct. 15, a grassroots campaign called “Occupy Milwaukee” plans to shatter your preconceptions and take down the man by staging a rally/occupation at Zeidler Park, and a protest at the downtown branch of Chase Bank. The event is part of a larger, international “Occupy” campaign scheduled for that day, which aims to take on corporate greed and corruption by mobilizing the world’s most earnest college students and bongo drum players.
Of course, the planned protest is also inspired by the recent “Occupy Wall Street” dustup, which is either a peaceful demonstration of the disenfranchised 99 percent, or the dumbest thing in the world, depending on whose Facebook feed you subscribe to. How will the Milwaukee “Occupy” event pan out? We’re not sure, but here’s hoping the weather cooperates, and that someone brings enough clever signs to go around. And hey, if your roommate could print out the guitar tab for this song, that would be swell.