Hey, Milwaukee, it’s almost time to “Occupy Milwaukee”
More Local Newswire
- Here’s the info on our three—three!—farewell parties
- Listen to Fable & The World Flat remix San Fermin
- It’s time for us to say goodbye good, Milwaukee
- Die Kreuzen to release remastered versions of Cows And Beer EP for Record Store Day 2014
- According to Hot Topic and a bunch of Hot Topic-y bands, The Rave is haunted
In case you thought that living within the city limits qualified you as a Milwaukee occupier, it’s time to think again, grandpa. On Oct. 15, a grassroots campaign called “Occupy Milwaukee” plans to shatter your preconceptions and take down the man by staging a rally/occupation at Zeidler Park, and a protest at the downtown branch of Chase Bank. The event is part of a larger, international “Occupy” campaign scheduled for that day, which aims to take on corporate greed and corruption by mobilizing the world’s most earnest college students and bongo drum players.
Of course, the planned protest is also inspired by the recent “Occupy Wall Street” dustup, which is either a peaceful demonstration of the disenfranchised 99 percent, or the dumbest thing in the world, depending on whose Facebook feed you subscribe to. How will the Milwaukee “Occupy” event pan out? We’re not sure, but here’s hoping the weather cooperates, and that someone brings enough clever signs to go around. And hey, if your roommate could print out the guitar tab for this song, that would be swell.