Juniper Tar preps “First Waltz” with weekly residency at Hotel Foster
More Just Announced
- John C. Reilly And Friends to play two intimate, underground shows in Miller Caves
- Melvins celebrate 30th anniversary, bring Mudhoney along for show at Turner Hall
- You know what, Stuart? The Dead Milkmen are playing Shank Hall June 6
- Paul McCartney to play Miller Park July 16
- Summerfest (and Lewis Black) confirm Avett Brothers, LL Cool J, MGMT, more for 2013 Big Gig
We’ll come right out and say it: Juniper Tar’s Since Before is one of our most anticipated local albums of 2012. From what little we’ve heard, the record represents a huge leap in the band’s sound and songwriting, and it promises to give the oft-maligned Milwaukee Music Scene ™a much-needed shot in the arm. Did we also mention it’s really, really good?
But before Juniper Tar releases the album April 27 with its “First Waltz” show at Turner Hall, it will set up shop at The Hotel Foster for a month-long, weekly residency. Beginning March 28, the group will share the stage with two or more special musical guests, including the likes of Sat. Nite Duets, Paul Cebar, and Shane Hochstetler. Juniper Tar will play new music from Since Before during the shows, but it will also serve as a backing band for the guest musicians. Those musicians will in turn perform their own music throughout the set, and the night will conclude with everyone on stage performing a cover from The Band’s legendary “Last Waltz” concert. Got all that?
Here’s the schedule:
March 28: John Sieger (Semi-Twang), Sat. Nite Duets
April 4: Paul Cebar, Hugh Masterson (Hugh Bob & the Hustle), Joe Crocket (The Championship)
April 11: Trapper Schoepp, Black Eagle Child
April 18: BJ Seidel (Decibully), Shane Hochstetler (Call Me Lightning)