Leggy new Dum Dum Girls video has Milwaukee ties, legs
More Visual Audio
- Watch Volcano Choir perform “Byegone” on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon
- Flip out (and do cartwheels and handstands) with The Fatty Acids
- Let WC Tank cut through your conscious neural interference with the video for “Demigodz (Of Tha Law)”
- Think spring with the video for Klassik’s “ForeverWhatever”
- Take a two-wheeled tour of Milwaukee with The Fatty Acids and Cream City Soundcheck
If you haven’t already hopped aboard the sexy, cool, and stockings-encased Dum Dum Girls bandwagon, now would be the time. The California band’s new album, Only In Dreams, is another stellar entry in the ’60s dream-pop revival, and seems poised to take the reliably leggy Girls to new heights. (Their days of opening for the the wan—and similarly named—Girls are thankfully behind them.) Even better? The video for the album’s first single, “Bedroom Eyes,” has some Milwaukee ties.
The video was directed by former Since By Man frontman Sam Macon—who currently lives in Chicago—and shot by Milwaukee cinematographer Travis Auclair. Macon is also responsible for a short promo clip for Only In Dreams, and has directed videos for other bands like The Cave Singers and Crocodiles. And while we suppose it’s possible to find a Milwaukee angle in virtually anything (Sara Bareilles sure does love her Alterra coffee!), it’s refreshing to see a real, cool, and vital connection for a change. Oh, and leggy.