Listen to Logic & Raze re-imagine Violent Femmes’ “Blister In The Sun”
More Now Streaming
- The Disclaimer: The (contentious) state of Milwaukee jazz
- Pass for 18 (in the dark) with the new Young Holidays single, “Jackie Kennedy”
- The Disclaimer: The trouble with indie rock
- The Disclaimer: Lights on the Hoan Bridge, more taxis in the streets, and a new downtown arena
- The Disclaimer: “May The Schwartz Be With You”
If there’s one song from Milwaukee’s musical past that demands to be remixed/re-imagined/mashed-up/whatever, it’s the Violent Femmes’ stone-cold classic “Blister In The Sun.” The loopy guitar riff and the clack-clack, clack-clack snare hits are immediately recognizable, making the song a perfect candidate for some good ol’ fashioned 21st century fucking with. Enter Milwaukee’s Logic & Raze, who use “Blister” as the foundation for the bouncy, hip-hop-ified “Kite.” Listen to the track below, which comes complete with a radio edit, an a cappella version, and an instrumental version.