Listen to Maritime’s new Daytrotter session
More Now Streaming
- Listen to a new Call Me Lightning song because holy fucking shit, it’s a new Call Me Lightning song
- The Disclaimer: R.I.P. The Onion and A.V. Club Milwaukee
- The Disclaimer: Hate mail, lakefront development, and more
- The Disclaimer: NEWaukee’s Angela Damiani explains the whole ’Creational Trails, urban camping thing
- The Disclaimer: Urban camping as art, and Spotify as the end of music
Even as scads of music blogs start up every day, Illinois-based Daytrotter.com stands out as a true original. Founded more than four years ago by Sean Moeller, a former music and sports newspaper reporter, Daytrotter regularly posts exclusive live-in-the-studio sessions recorded by indie rock artists like Death Cab For Cutie, Spoon, Of Montreal, and Grizzly Bear, who swing by the site’s studio in nearby Rock Island, Ill. when they have an afternoon to kill between Midwest tour stops.
Milwaukee’s own Maritime recently recorded its third Daytrotter session, performing “Paraphernalia,” “It’s Casual,” “People Of London,” and “Open Roads.” The lovely accompanying write-up by Moeller is equally noteworthy, describing the band as “a band of dads, a band of men who have grown old together, gone through their formative years traversing the topography of indie rock clubdom and come out on the other side with commitments and responsibilities that they appreciate, that they prefer.”
Stream or download the session here.