Listen to the new EP from The Exotics, The Enchanted Interrogation Room
More Now Streaming
- Listen to a new Call Me Lightning song because holy fucking shit, it’s a new Call Me Lightning song
- The Disclaimer: R.I.P. The Onion and A.V. Club Milwaukee
- The Disclaimer: Hate mail, lakefront development, and more
- The Disclaimer: NEWaukee’s Angela Damiani explains the whole ’Creational Trails, urban camping thing
- The Disclaimer: Urban camping as art, and Spotify as the end of music
Perennial Milwaukee surf-rockers The Exotics don’t stray too far from ’60s-inspired go-go and spy music, but that’s just the way they like it, thank you very much. Over the course of the band’s nearly 20-year history, Brandt Zacher, Paul Wall, Jon Ziegler, and Don Nelson have toured the country, appeared on A Prairie Home Companion, and released a successful album (1996’s Go Go Guitars), all on the strength of their polished and unabashedly retro sound.
Now, The Exotics are getting ready to hit the road behind a new vinyl EP, The Enchanted Interrogation Room, with a release party set for Friday, Sept. 7 at Kochanski’s Concertina Beer Hall. Until then, grab the nearest tiki drink and/or Walther PPK and listen to the three-song EP below.