Mark Belling does not hate Jews, Couch Flambeau does love the Packers, and show announcements
More News Net
- Silk East prepares for third licensing hearing, hopes to finally make it rain downtown
- City of Milwaukee planning new and exciting ways to ticket your car
- The Milwaukee streetcar project is still happening, whether you like it or not
- Prove you love Milwaukee by donating to a worthwhile local Kickstarter campaign for a change
- Cruel and vengeful God chuckles softly to self, announces first Summerfest headliner
Since sifting through dull newspapers, hyperbolic blogs, and overflowing RSS feeds for meaningful news can be an arduous process, News Net catches and compiles both the amusing and the significant reports that were overlooked throughout the week.
• WISN talk show host Mark Belling was in hot water this week after pointing out the Jewishness of opponents of a downtown Marriott hotel. WISN has issued a statement on the matter, saying that while the station “does not condone nor accept anti-Semitism,” it is “confident that Mr. Belling did not intend to offend Milwaukee’s Jewish community” and that Belling has had a “constructive dialog with members of the Jewish community about how his words have been interpreted by others, and that dialog includes assurances from community leaders that they ‘know your record regarding Israel and do not believe that you are anti-Semitic.’” Clearly WISN and its corporate owner, Clear Channel, would do something if Belling were anti-Semitic. After all, it’s not like we’re talking about Mexicans here.
• Hey, Coyote Ugly is coming to Old World Third Street! Yay? OnMilwaukee has the details.
• The Milwaukee punks of Couch Flambeau have tossed their hats into the Packers novelty song ring. Check out “The Pack Is Back.”