Milwaukee Noise Fest announces 2013 dates, new venue, first confirmed act
Legendary culture-jamming outfit Negativland brings the noise to Miramar Theatre this August.
More Just Announced
- John C. Reilly And Friends to play two intimate, underground shows in Miller Caves
- Melvins celebrate 30th anniversary, bring Mudhoney along for show at Turner Hall
- You know what, Stuart? The Dead Milkmen are playing Shank Hall June 6
- Paul McCartney to play Miller Park July 16
- Summerfest (and Lewis Black) confirm Avett Brothers, LL Cool J, MGMT, more for 2013 Big Gig
With temperatures once again skirting the balmy “1” mark, summer seems approximately 8,000 years away. Happily, that hasn’t stopped the organizers of the Milwaukee Noise Fest from announcing their 2013 dates, as well as a new venue and a first confirmed act. The annual celebration of all things harsh, discordant, and screeching will take place August 22-24 at the Miramar Theatre—a step up from the fest’s usual Borg Ward stomping grounds. The change in venue coincides with a relatively high-profile confirmed act: legendary experimental/culture-jamming outfit Negativland.
The long-running group is famous for thumbing its nose at copyright laws, its work with Creative Commons, and its legal dust-ups with U2 and Pepsi. (Pro tip: U2’s legal team doesn’t think it’s funny when you call your album U2.)