Milwaukee won’t have the WAMI Awards to kick around anymore
More Local Newswire
- Here’s the info on our three—three!—farewell parties
- Listen to Fable & The World Flat remix San Fermin
- It’s time for us to say goodbye good, Milwaukee
- Die Kreuzen to release remastered versions of Cows And Beer EP for Record Store Day 2014
- According to Hot Topic and a bunch of Hot Topic-y bands, The Rave is haunted
Has it been nearly three months since we last poked fun at the oft-clueless Wisconsin Area Music Industry? Has it been nearly a year since we dropped in on the 31st Annual WAMI Awards at stately Turner Hall? And could that questionable awards show be a thing of Milwaukee’s past?
Yes, it seems that the organization known for mispronouncing “Bon Iver” and continually honoring The Gufs is taking the “area” part of its moniker a little more seriously these days. OnMilwaukee.com is reporting that this year’s 32nd Annual WAMI Awards will return to Appleton, Wisconsin, far away from all those snickering Milwaukee city slickers and their complicated shoes. The ceremony is set for Sunday, April 15 at the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center, and will be preceded by a two-day music fest at five Appleton venues.
Nominees for the 2012 awards have yet to be determined, though you can be sure we’ll bring them to you once they’re announced. If Half Empty doesn’t get another nod for Best Cover Band, we’re going to be pissed.