Milwaukeeans sue Viacom, plot craft shows, and get slammed in the British press
More News Net
- City of Milwaukee planning new and exciting ways to ticket your car
- The Milwaukee streetcar project is still happening, whether you like it or not
- Prove you love Milwaukee by donating to a worthwhile local Kickstarter campaign for a change
- Cruel and vengeful God chuckles softly to self, announces first Summerfest headliner
- Milwaukee is a finalist in “The Mayors Challenge”—but could it actually win?
Since sifting through dull newspapers, hyperbolic blogs, and overflowing RSS feeds for meaningful news can be an arduous process, News Net catches and compiles both the amusing and the significant reports that were overlooked this weekend.
• It’s been a couple of years since Milwaukee-based Brownmark Films scored a huge online hit with the video for Samwell’s “What What (In The Butt),” but the company has just gotten around to filing a lawsuit against Paramount Pictures, Viacom, and MTV in federal district court alleging copyright infringement in a 2008 episode of South Park that spoofed the clip. The national A.V. Club offers a full report, with clips of both videos, here.
• A vendor lineup has been announced for the annual Art vs. Craft show Nov. 27. Check it out here.
• Before Girl Talk’s big New Year’s Eve show at The Rave, check out his new album, All Day, available today for free download.