Mr. Show's Bob Odenkirk and David Cross will reunite in Chicago
See the sketch comedy legends June 17
More Just Announced
- John C. Reilly And Friends to play two intimate, underground shows in Miller Caves
- Melvins celebrate 30th anniversary, bring Mudhoney along for show at Turner Hall
- You know what, Stuart? The Dead Milkmen are playing Shank Hall June 6
- Paul McCartney to play Miller Park July 16
- Summerfest (and Lewis Black) confirm Avett Brothers, LL Cool J, MGMT, more for 2013 Big Gig
The team behind Mr. Show will reunite in Chicago for the weeklong A Very Funny Festival, which kicks off on June 17. David Cross will join Bob Odenkirk for a previously announced show at The Lakeshore Theater on June 20 with some yet-to-be-announced fellow performers in a show called "Bob, David, and Friends.” Given the show's lineage and the duo's ubiquity, expect some impressive guest stars. Also announced, The State’s Michael Ian Black and Michael Showalker will team up for shows on June 17 and 18 at the Lakeshore—less than a month before the release of the much-ballyhooed The State DVD on July 14.
Tickets for the festival’s shows, which are presented by TBS and Just For Laughs, can be found here. (The password for the pre-sale is "hilarious.") More information on the event's ambitious lineup can be found on Just For Laughs' website.
To get you fully psyched, here's a clip of Mr. Show before it was a short-lived TV show: