Mumford & Sons to play Marcus Amphitheater Sept. 3
More Just Announced
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds to play first-ever headlining Milwaukee show June 20 at Milwaukee Theatre
- The Get Down will return to Turner Hall for annual New Year’s Eve bash
- Martin Short to perform at Pabst Theater January 18
- Screech strikes back: Dustin Diamond’s Bayside Bash returns to Turner Hall Nov. 27
- Metric to play Turner Hall Nov. 22
Over the course of the last few years, Mumford & Sons have quickly become one of the biggest bands in the known universe. The U.K. group’s alt-folkie, banjos-and-suspenders sound caught on big with the masses soon after the release of 2009’s Sigh No More, and the band positively exploded after 2012’s Babel took home a Grammy for Album of the Year. Aside from bassist Ted Dwane’s recent surgery to remove a blood clot in his brain (he’s currently on his way to a full recovery), it’s been coming up Mumford ever since.
Now, the Pabst Theater and Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. have booked the band at the Marcus Amphitheater Tuesday, September 3. (The group’s first and only Brew City gig was at the Riverside Theater August 30, 2010.) Reserved seating and general admission standing tickets are $50, while general admission lawn seats are $30. For an immediate opportunity to purchase tickets, register for the “Invitation Onsale” here. The Vaccines and Bear’s Den will open the show.