Neil Diamond at Marcus Amphitheater
More Just Announced
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds to play first-ever headlining Milwaukee show June 20 at Milwaukee Theatre
- The Get Down will return to Turner Hall for annual New Year’s Eve bash
- Martin Short to perform at Pabst Theater January 18
- Screech strikes back: Dustin Diamond’s Bayside Bash returns to Turner Hall Nov. 27
- Metric to play Turner Hall Nov. 22
In its ongoing effort to keep the fun, festing, and left-field booking choices going all year long, Summerfest has been announcing headlining acts eight months in advance. Last month, the Big Gig revealed that Lady Antebellum would headline the Marcus Amphitheater June 30, 2012; now, none other than Neil Diamond has been announced as a Marcus headliner July 8, 2012. Yes, Neil Diamond. And yes, July 8, 2012.
Diamond, of course, is responsible for songs like “Cherry, Cherry,” “I’m A Believer,” “Girl, You’ll Be A Woman Soon,” and that “Sweet Caroline” song that never fails to bring down the house at every wedding reception known to man. Tickets go on sale Saturday, Dec. 10 at 10 a.m., and can be purchased at the Marcus Amphitheater box office, Ticketmaster ticket centers, Walmart, or Ticketmaster.com. So good, so good.