Neil Diamond at Marcus Amphitheater
More Just Announced
- John C. Reilly And Friends to play two intimate, underground shows in Miller Caves
- Melvins celebrate 30th anniversary, bring Mudhoney along for show at Turner Hall
- You know what, Stuart? The Dead Milkmen are playing Shank Hall June 6
- Paul McCartney to play Miller Park July 16
- Summerfest (and Lewis Black) confirm Avett Brothers, LL Cool J, MGMT, more for 2013 Big Gig
In its ongoing effort to keep the fun, festing, and left-field booking choices going all year long, Summerfest has been announcing headlining acts eight months in advance. Last month, the Big Gig revealed that Lady Antebellum would headline the Marcus Amphitheater June 30, 2012; now, none other than Neil Diamond has been announced as a Marcus headliner July 8, 2012. Yes, Neil Diamond. And yes, July 8, 2012.
Diamond, of course, is responsible for songs like “Cherry, Cherry,” “I’m A Believer,” “Girl, You’ll Be A Woman Soon,” and that “Sweet Caroline” song that never fails to bring down the house at every wedding reception known to man. Tickets go on sale Saturday, Dec. 10 at 10 a.m., and can be purchased at the Marcus Amphitheater box office, Ticketmaster ticket centers, Walmart, or Ticketmaster.com. So good, so good.