Neko Case to play Riverside Theater Oct. 18
More Just Announced
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds to play first-ever headlining Milwaukee show June 20 at Milwaukee Theatre
- The Get Down will return to Turner Hall for annual New Year’s Eve bash
- Martin Short to perform at Pabst Theater January 18
- Screech strikes back: Dustin Diamond’s Bayside Bash returns to Turner Hall Nov. 27
- Metric to play Turner Hall Nov. 22
Blessed with the kind of knockout voice a million mewling American Idol contestants would kill for, Neko Case has steadily drifted from the alt-country that informed her 1997 debut, The Virginian. Beginning with 2002’s Blacklisted, Case has wandered into more atmospheric territory. Her 2009 set Middle Cyclone existed in an autonomous region of Americana, where reverb dripped from every twangy guitar, and her powerful voice had plenty of room to fill. The new The Worse Things Get, The Harder I Fight, The Harder I Fight, The More I Love You is even more idiosyncratic, and is easily one of Case’s most personal albums to date.
Fresh from a headlining slot at A.V. Fest in Chicago this past weekend, Case will make a rare Milwaukee appearance Friday, October 18 at the Riverside Theater. Reserved seating tickets are $35, and go on sale Friday, September 13 at noon.