Neon Indian at Turner Hall
More Just Announced
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds to play first-ever headlining Milwaukee show June 20 at Milwaukee Theatre
- The Get Down will return to Turner Hall for annual New Year’s Eve bash
- Martin Short to perform at Pabst Theater January 18
- Screech strikes back: Dustin Diamond’s Bayside Bash returns to Turner Hall Nov. 27
- Metric to play Turner Hall Nov. 22
Somewhere on a steep and unnerving precipice—the one that separates ambient experimentation from the MGMTs of the indieverse—sits Alan Palomo, also known as Neon Indian. The young Texan has a few different aliases (VEGA, Ghosthustler), but as Neon Indian he pushes beats out of cheap speakers in all sorts of interesting and unexpected ways. Sometimes that means danceable disco; other times it’s more like squiggles, zaps, and gurgles. Mostly, however, it's both: a full-on electronic freak-out that’s not so hard to hum along to.
We dug Palomo’s show at Turner Hall last summer (though it was one of the more derided entries on our “Top 15 Milwaukee shows of 2010” list), and we’re excited to see him live again. Neon Indian returns to Turner Hall May 18, for a special “$10 Buck Show.” Tickets go on sale March 18.