New Juiceboxxx track sounds a lot like ’90s-era Beastie Boys, and that’s a good thing
More Now Streaming
- Listen to a new Call Me Lightning song because holy fucking shit, it’s a new Call Me Lightning song
- The Disclaimer: R.I.P. The Onion and A.V. Club Milwaukee
- The Disclaimer: Hate mail, lakefront development, and more
- The Disclaimer: NEWaukee’s Angela Damiani explains the whole ’Creational Trails, urban camping thing
- The Disclaimer: Urban camping as art, and Spotify as the end of music
Let’s make this short and sweet, shall we? Milwaukee’s tireless rapper/energy drink salesman Juiceboxxx has a new mixtape called Beyond Thunder Zone. You can listen to it here. One of the tracks on the mixtape is called “1-900 JUICEBOY.” It sounds a lot like ’90s-era Beastie Boys. That’s a good thing. You can watch the video (which looks a lot like a ’90s-era Beastie Boys video) below. Do it.
In case the Beastie Boys connection wasn’t apparent enough, here’s what Juice has to say about his new mixtape:
BEYOND THUNDER ZONE is my new mixtape. It is very blown out and the product of a winter listening to Beastie Boys and Guided by Voices on my phone while waiting for the bus in East LA and eating a Yum Yum donut. I collaborate with a few friends (Antwon, ISSUE, White Rainbow, Gnar Tapes/White Fang, Fielded, Schwarz, Fat Tony, Kool A.D.) but mostly this tape is about one take vocals thru a fuzz pedal and basic survival. Just trying to keep things free and honest. If you listen to it the whole way thru a story unfolds. ALSO, don’t sleep on the record I put out last year I DON'T WANNA GO INTO THE DARKNESS it is very underrated.