Of Montreal and Janelle Monae at Pabst Theater
More Just Announced
- John C. Reilly And Friends to play two intimate, underground shows in Miller Caves
- Melvins celebrate 30th anniversary, bring Mudhoney along for show at Turner Hall
- You know what, Stuart? The Dead Milkmen are playing Shank Hall June 6
- Paul McCartney to play Miller Park July 16
- Summerfest (and Lewis Black) confirm Avett Brothers, LL Cool J, MGMT, more for 2013 Big Gig
Of Montreal plays borderline-insane psychedelic pop and commandeers live shows that have been known to include a real horse onstage, copious body paint, and lots of writhing around (even some full-frontal nudity). So, yeah, it goes without saying that this is one of the best live shows on the planet right now—and it’s especially memorable at the Pabst, long one of the band’s favorite venues. In advance of its forthcoming (and eagerly anticipated in these parts) record False Priest, Of Montreal returns to the Pabst Sept. 24 for a show with sci-fi R&B singer (and recent collaborator with OM’s Kevin Barnes) Janelle Monae. It's not clear if Monae will perform a traditional opening set; Barnes recently told Pitchfork that he wants to "marry the two shows together" into some kind of multi-media, thoroughly mind-bending experience. Sounds good to us!
Tickets are $24.50 and go on sale at noon Friday. Keep your eyes peeled at A.V. Club Milwaukee for more details on future ticket giveaways.