Pavement at The Pabst Theater
More Just Announced
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds to play first-ever headlining Milwaukee show June 20 at Milwaukee Theatre
- The Get Down will return to Turner Hall for annual New Year’s Eve bash
- Martin Short to perform at Pabst Theater January 18
- Screech strikes back: Dustin Diamond’s Bayside Bash returns to Turner Hall Nov. 27
- Metric to play Turner Hall Nov. 22
Back in January, A.V. Club Milwaukee put Pavement at No. 1 on our 2010 concert wishlist, but we weren’t very optimistic about the band actually coming here, putting the odds at a depressingly unlikely 50:1. Well, we’re happy to report that we have absolutely no idea what we’re talking about: Pavement will indeed be coming to our city for a show sponsored by A.V. Club Milwaukee Sept. 14 at Pabst Theater. L.A. noise rockers No Age will open.
Yes, we’re pretty excited about this, too. Tickets are $32.50 and go on sale at noon Friday at the Pabst and Riverside box offices. Keep your eyes peeled at A.V. Club Milwaukee for more news and giveaways for what is sure to be one of the most memorable shows of 2010.
Pavement hasn't played a whole lot yet on their 2010 reunion jaunt, but they sound pretty good in this clip from Dublin last month. Add about four months worth of road seasoning for an approximation of the Milwaukee show.