Power to the people: The A.V. Club gets a WAMI People’s Choice nomination
More Local Newswire
- Watch Mark Borchardt sub for Ryan Gosling in Drive
- Milwaukee’s Special Entertainment unveils ridiculous On Cinema app, featuring Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkington
- Love The Noble? Help it stay in business by contributing to “Save The Noble”
- Enjoy one last taste of winter with the Packard brothers and their “meat cannon”
- Who’s a good city? Who’s a good city? Milwaukee is a great place to own a dog, apparently
Oh WAMI, how you vex us. Just when we thought The A.V. Club in Milwaukee had once again been overlooked by the organization and its annual awards ceremony, a glorious press release has appeared in our inbox to brighten our day. WAMI has announced the nominees for its “People’s Choice” awards and, lo and behold, The A.V. Club is up for a Best Print Media award. Sure, the nomination is only in the “Southeast” subcategory, but we’ll take what we can get. Thanks, people!
Joining us in the category is another local publication you may have heard of, the Shepherd Express. While The A.V. Club and the Shepherd may not have as much pull as, say, City Pages Wausau (which nabbed a straight-up, non-people’s-choice nomination for print media), we still appreciate the gesture. A full list of nominees—which again includes a well-deserved nod to red-hot local cover band Rabid Aardvarks—can be found here. Right on.