Relive your awkward teenage years with Milwaukee (the band, not the city)
More Local Newswire
- Here’s the info on our three—three!—farewell parties
- Listen to Fable & The World Flat remix San Fermin
- It’s time for us to say goodbye good, Milwaukee
- Die Kreuzen to release remastered versions of Cows And Beer EP for Record Store Day 2014
- According to Hot Topic and a bunch of Hot Topic-y bands, The Rave is haunted
A few years ago, we rounded up seven bands that incorporated the word “Milwaukee” in their names. The groups ranged from the fairly well known indie-rock outfit What Made Milwaukee Famous to the decidedly unknown hardcore/thrash band Beast Of Milwaukee. There was even a long-defunct group simply known as Milwaukee. But now there’s a new Milwaukee on the scene, and it comes in the form of a frightfully young band from Sydney, Australia. Milwaukee, meet Milwaukee.
The group lists bands like The Cure and The Smiths as its influences, proving that mopey music from the ’80s will absolutely never go out of style. Still, there’s little evidence of those influences in this video, shot earlier this year at Australia’s Newtown Festival. Instead, Milwaukee seems like a nice bunch of kids who aren’t afraid to ask the crowd to dance, and who still find it necessary to warn people about “swear words” in their music. If that doesn’t bring a smile to your face and remind you of your awkward teenage years, we don’t know what will.