Rufus Wainwright at Pabst Theater
More Just Announced
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds to play first-ever headlining Milwaukee show June 20 at Milwaukee Theatre
- The Get Down will return to Turner Hall for annual New Year’s Eve bash
- Martin Short to perform at Pabst Theater January 18
- Screech strikes back: Dustin Diamond’s Bayside Bash returns to Turner Hall Nov. 27
- Metric to play Turner Hall Nov. 22
Rufus Wainwright became a permanent part of Milwaukee music history in August 2007 when he filmed his memorable live album/DVD Milwaukee At Last!!! at Pabst Theater. The Pabst clearly keeps a warm place in Wainwright’s heart; in the album’s liner notes, he thanks a number of Pabst employees, including “a very special thank you” for executive director Gary Witt. Wainwright will be back in Milwaukee on Aug. 10 in support of this year’s All Days Are Nights: Songs For Lulu, the venue announced this morning. Joining him will be sister Martha Wainwright, a feisty folkie who delved into Rufus territory on last year’s Sans Fusils, Ni Souliers, à Paris: Martha Wainwright's Piaf Record. While the theatrical singer-songwriter could probably play the larger Riverside Theater, he’s opted for a return trip to the Pabst. Tickets are $39.50 and go on sale at noon May 28.