Shaq’s All Star Comedy Jam at Riverside Theater
More Just Announced
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds to play first-ever headlining Milwaukee show June 20 at Milwaukee Theatre
- The Get Down will return to Turner Hall for annual New Year’s Eve bash
- Martin Short to perform at Pabst Theater January 18
- Screech strikes back: Dustin Diamond’s Bayside Bash returns to Turner Hall Nov. 27
- Metric to play Turner Hall Nov. 22
Shaquille O’Neal: ex-basketball superstar, former reality-TV show cop, magic genie, and now host of his very own comedy show. Shaq will bring his All Star Comedy Jam to Milwaukee (or, more specifically, to the Riverside Theater) June 29, with tickets going on sale this Friday.
Comedy fans might be understandably dubious about Shaq’s sense of humor, because, well, he’s a basketball player and he made Kazaam. But, as the big guy explains, “I’ve played with many all-stars on the court, and laughed with these all-stars off the court.” He also promises that the performers will leave no topic from two years ago untouched; Tiger Woods, President Obama, and Shaq himself will be popular targets for gentle ribbing.
In the past, Shaq’s Comedy Jams have attracted such big names as Mo’Nique and Mike Epps. The Milwaukee lineup has yet to be confirmed, but some potential headliners could include such luminaries as Aries Spears, Corey Holcomb, Tommy Davidson, and Tony Roberts. Retirement must be agreeing with the Big Aristotle.