Skynyrd replaces Brooks & Dunn! Plus: Slash, Stars, Tapes 'N Tapes, Black Label Society
More Just Announced
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds to play first-ever headlining Milwaukee show June 20 at Milwaukee Theatre
- The Get Down will return to Turner Hall for annual New Year’s Eve bash
- Martin Short to perform at Pabst Theater January 18
- Screech strikes back: Dustin Diamond’s Bayside Bash returns to Turner Hall Nov. 27
- Metric to play Turner Hall Nov. 22
Word came down late last night that Brooks & Dunn has canceled its Summerfest show Tuesday at Marcus Amphitheater, which prompted us to ask: Brooks & Dunn were playing Summerfest? Our eyes must have glazed over on that part of the schedule. Anyway, Lynyrd Skynyrd will perform in their place, which makes Marcus Amphitheater Summerfest's biggest side-stage that day. Tickets are $15.
Fortunately, plenty of other bands have announced plans on sticking with Milwaukee, including Interpol, which was announced this morning. Also coming to The Rave is Twin Cities indie-rock band Tapes ’N Tapes on Aug. 27 and metal band Black Label Society Oct. 2; tickets for both shows at 10 a.m. Saturday through Ticketmaster.
Also announced this week is a Sept. 5 solo show by Slash at the Pabst Theater, which may or may not include massive snakes, and quirky Canadian band Stars Oct. 26. Tickets for both shows go on sale at noon July 9.