Sleigh Bells at Turner Hall
More Just Announced
- John C. Reilly And Friends to play two intimate, underground shows in Miller Caves
- Melvins celebrate 30th anniversary, bring Mudhoney along for show at Turner Hall
- You know what, Stuart? The Dead Milkmen are playing Shank Hall June 6
- Paul McCartney to play Miller Park July 16
- Summerfest (and Lewis Black) confirm Avett Brothers, LL Cool J, MGMT, more for 2013 Big Gig
A collaboration between coulda-been teen idol Alexis Krauss and former hardcore guitarist Derek Miller, Sleigh Bells definitely puts the “noise” in “noise pop.” The lurching breakdowns Miller stomped out with Poison The Well form the basis for much of Sleigh Bells’ still-growing repertoire, which finds Krauss alternately cooing, shouting, and crooning over loops of chopped-up bass drum and six-string squelch. The band’s debut record, Treats, is absolutely addicting pop, and tracks from it found a place on basically every teen drama on television. That’s some visionary shit. Sleigh Bells deliver another batch of busted-up pop gems on this year’s Reign Of Terror. The record takes a step back from Treats’ sheer assault, dialing down the red-lining guitar volume to vintage Metallica levels and leaving more room for Krauss’ crystalline cooing.