Snow falls, Nick Barnett quits, and Aaron Rodgers and Ryan Braun hang
More News Net
- Silk East prepares for third licensing hearing, hopes to finally make it rain downtown
- City of Milwaukee planning new and exciting ways to ticket your car
- The Milwaukee streetcar project is still happening, whether you like it or not
- Prove you love Milwaukee by donating to a worthwhile local Kickstarter campaign for a change
- Cruel and vengeful God chuckles softly to self, announces first Summerfest headliner
Since sifting through dull newspapers, hyperbolic blogs, and overflowing RSS feeds for meaningful news can be an arduous process, News Net catches and compiles both the amusing and the significant reports that were overlooked throughout the weekend.
• On the off chance you haven’t heard about the oncoming snow-pocalypse, here’s the report from the Journal Sentinel.
• Nick Barnett is quitting Twitter after hastily talking smack about Aaron Rodgers over the weekend.
• Speaking of Rodgers, he was spotted court-side at Saturday’s Bucks game with Ryan Braun. Here’s a photo that was circulating on Twitter this weekend.
• ESPN did a story on Rogers’ championship belt celebration. Expect to see a lot of stories like this for the next several days.
• Comedian Adam Carolla will perform April 29 at Pabst Theater, the venue announced this morning. Tickets are $34.50 and $49.50 and go on sale at noon Friday.
• Jazzy Milwaukee guitarist Jason Seed will release his fourth record, The Escapist, at the end of February. The title track can be downloaded on his website. (Seed will play a CD release show Feb. 25 at Via, 2625 N. Downer Ave.)
• MELT, the electronic music series curated by Milwaukee’s The Demix, moves to Club Garibaldi on Feb. 24.