Someone finally got around to writing a Milverine song
More Now Streaming
- Listen to a new Call Me Lightning song because holy fucking shit, it’s a new Call Me Lightning song
- The Disclaimer: R.I.P. The Onion and A.V. Club Milwaukee
- The Disclaimer: Hate mail, lakefront development, and more
- The Disclaimer: NEWaukee’s Angela Damiani explains the whole ’Creational Trails, urban camping thing
- The Disclaimer: Urban camping as art, and Spotify as the end of music
It’s been nearly a year since Milwaukee’s Milverine fever subsided, leaving an exhausted city content to allow its favorite shirtless “superhero” who kinda-sorta looks like X-Men’s Wolverine to power-walk in peace. No more constant news updates (partly our fault, we know), no more personal appearances, no more T-shirts or billboards bearing Milverine’s grim, determined visage. A city got back to business, and Milverine once again strided into semi-obscurity.
But now someone has gone and written and recorded a Milverine song, because why the hell not? The languid, country-tinged “Legend Of The Milverine” comes courtesy of Milwaukee’s Jim Farrell, and it’s filled with winking references to the famed local hero: muttonchops, cage-fighting, and being “driven with rage.” Take yourself back to the halcyon days of 2010-11 by listening to the track below.