Soundgarden at The Rave
More Just Announced
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds to play first-ever headlining Milwaukee show June 20 at Milwaukee Theatre
- The Get Down will return to Turner Hall for annual New Year’s Eve bash
- Martin Short to perform at Pabst Theater January 18
- Screech strikes back: Dustin Diamond’s Bayside Bash returns to Turner Hall Nov. 27
- Metric to play Turner Hall Nov. 22
Alongside Alice In Chains, Soundgarden assured a place for the genuinely downtuned and dejected in the music industry’s fevered raid upon “grunge” in the early ’90s. The band decided to reunite 13 years after breaking up due to industry pressure and creative conflicts after 1996’s somewhat muddled and atypically muted Down On The Upside. Members have kept busy in acts like singer Chris Cornell’s Audioslave and drummer Matt Cameron’s steady employer, Pearl Jam, though Soundgarden’s most sonically adventurous member, guitarist Kim Thayil, has stayed out of the spotlight entirely. Now that the band is releasing the new King Animal later this month, let’s hope that Soundgarden is ready to ride into thunderous glory once more.