Steely Dan and 88Nine Halloween Bash
Not together, but in fairly close proximity
More Just Announced
- John C. Reilly And Friends to play two intimate, underground shows in Miller Caves
- Melvins celebrate 30th anniversary, bring Mudhoney along for show at Turner Hall
- You know what, Stuart? The Dead Milkmen are playing Shank Hall June 6
- Paul McCartney to play Miller Park July 16
- Summerfest (and Lewis Black) confirm Avett Brothers, LL Cool J, MGMT, more for 2013 Big Gig
There’s something about Steely Dan that brings out the middle-aged, ponytail-wearing lam-o in The A.V. Club. Say what you want, haters, but the Dan is unquestionably awesome—so long as we’re talking anything up to and including 1980’s Gaucho—so color us exceedingly pumped that the band is playing a two-night stand Nov. 13-14 at Riverside Theater. And color us really effing pumped that the band will perform, in their entirety, the classic records Aja (Nov. 13) and The Royal Scam (Nov. 14). Tickets are $50, $70, $95, and $175 (for “VIP Gold Circle” seats) and go on sale at noon Oct. 9.
Also freshly announced today is the second annual 88Nine Halloween Bash Oct. 31 at Turner Hall featuring Serena Ryder and Great Lake Swimmers as well as Milwaukee acts Chalice In The Palace, Will Phalen And The Stereo Addicts, Kid Millions, and The Championship. Tickets are $10 and go on sale at noon Friday.