Steve Martin at Pabst Theater
More Just Announced
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds to play first-ever headlining Milwaukee show June 20 at Milwaukee Theatre
- The Get Down will return to Turner Hall for annual New Year’s Eve bash
- Martin Short to perform at Pabst Theater January 18
- Screech strikes back: Dustin Diamond’s Bayside Bash returns to Turner Hall Nov. 27
- Metric to play Turner Hall Nov. 22
No, this is not a Steve Martin comedy tour announcement. This is a Steve Martin, banjo-playin’ fool announcement, which is actually sort of funnier than a comedy announcement. At any rate, Martin is a funny banjo player and also, it’s worth noting, a very good banjo player. Or at least he’s a lot better than just a guy who strums a few strings for novelty’s sake and leaves it at that. Martin’s banjo-playing goes back to the beginnings of his stand-up career, of course, but he made a big move in 2009 by releasing The Crow, an album of original banjo songs. Martin will surely do some of those here when he performs April 20 at Pabst Theater. Tickets are $55 and $75, and go on sale at noon Feb. 26.