Ted Leo And The Pharmacists at Turner Hall
More Just Announced
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds to play first-ever headlining Milwaukee show June 20 at Milwaukee Theatre
- The Get Down will return to Turner Hall for annual New Year’s Eve bash
- Martin Short to perform at Pabst Theater January 18
- Screech strikes back: Dustin Diamond’s Bayside Bash returns to Turner Hall Nov. 27
- Metric to play Turner Hall Nov. 22
The A.V. Club couldn’t be more excited about the just-announced kick-off to WMSE’s 2011 Radio Summer Camp—Ted Leo And The Pharmacists will perform July 27 at Turner Hall. The indie stalwart will be joined by Tweak Bird, as well as Milwaukee’s very own Call Me Lightning.
Leo hasn’t made a stop in Milwaukee in some time, though he did recently give a shout-out to Wisconsin’s beleaguered unions by covering Woody Guthrie’s “I Guess I Planted.” (In a blog post, Leo claims he was pressured by some of his more politically-minded Twitter followers. Oh well, it’s the thought that counts.) His latest album, The Brutalist Bricks, was released last year.
The WMSE Radio Summer Camp festival will once again feature various concerts and music-related conferences throughout the city. General admission tickets for the Ted Leo show are only $14, and go on sale Friday, May 6 at noon.