Ted Leo And The Pharmacists at Turner Hall
More Just Announced
- John C. Reilly And Friends to play two intimate, underground shows in Miller Caves
- Melvins celebrate 30th anniversary, bring Mudhoney along for show at Turner Hall
- You know what, Stuart? The Dead Milkmen are playing Shank Hall June 6
- Paul McCartney to play Miller Park July 16
- Summerfest (and Lewis Black) confirm Avett Brothers, LL Cool J, MGMT, more for 2013 Big Gig
The A.V. Club couldn’t be more excited about the just-announced kick-off to WMSE’s 2011 Radio Summer Camp—Ted Leo And The Pharmacists will perform July 27 at Turner Hall. The indie stalwart will be joined by Tweak Bird, as well as Milwaukee’s very own Call Me Lightning.
Leo hasn’t made a stop in Milwaukee in some time, though he did recently give a shout-out to Wisconsin’s beleaguered unions by covering Woody Guthrie’s “I Guess I Planted.” (In a blog post, Leo claims he was pressured by some of his more politically-minded Twitter followers. Oh well, it’s the thought that counts.) His latest album, The Brutalist Bricks, was released last year.
The WMSE Radio Summer Camp festival will once again feature various concerts and music-related conferences throughout the city. General admission tickets for the Ted Leo show are only $14, and go on sale Friday, May 6 at noon.