The 2011 Verge Music Festival “will not happen”
More Just Announced
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds to play first-ever headlining Milwaukee show June 20 at Milwaukee Theatre
- The Get Down will return to Turner Hall for annual New Year’s Eve bash
- Martin Short to perform at Pabst Theater January 18
- Screech strikes back: Dustin Diamond’s Bayside Bash returns to Turner Hall Nov. 27
- Metric to play Turner Hall Nov. 22
If you were still holding your breath for the 2011 Verge Music Festival, it’s sadly time to exhale. Today, the alt-friendly fest announced that it will not take place this year. Here’s the official announcement from Verge’s Facebook page:
Fans of VERGE! We know you’ve been anxious to find out more about what’s happening with this year’s festival and beyond. We’re sad to say VERGE Music Festival will not happen this year, however, we are committed to try again next year in 2012. Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. wanted to continue with VERGE in 2011 and had been working on date and talent combination options throughout winter, spring and even this summer, but ultimately we couldn’t find and secure the right combination of bands on the available dates we needed in order to make VERGE the stellar alternative and modern rock festival it was envisioned to be.
We hope VERGE fans will join us again in 2012. Stay connected with us over the next year for further updates when they become available!
In a statement, Summerfest’s John Boler said organizers “simply could not find and secure the right combination of alternative and modern rock bands on the necessary available dates we needed in order to make the event a success and stay true to the vision of the festival.” Until next year, Verge.