The Disclaimer: Art, more art, and dumb online comments
More Now Streaming
- The Disclaimer: The (contentious) state of Milwaukee jazz
- Pass for 18 (in the dark) with the new Young Holidays single, “Jackie Kennedy”
- The Disclaimer: The trouble with indie rock
- The Disclaimer: Lights on the Hoan Bridge, more taxis in the streets, and a new downtown arena
- The Disclaimer: “May The Schwartz Be With You”
Nearly every Wednesday at noon, WMSE’s Ryan Schleicher, Shepherd Express’ Evan Rytlewski, and A.V. Club Milwaukee’s Matt Wild take to the WMSE airwaves to discuss all things Milwaukee. The half-hour fun-fest is called The Disclaimer, so titled because none of the sometimes-cranky and ridiculous opinions expressed during the show represent those of the three hosts’ employers.
This week on The Disclaimer, Ryan, Evan, and Matt discuss Milwaukee’s (surprising?) inclusion in a list of the best American cities for art. Mary Louise Schumacher’s terrific year-end “state-of-the-Milwaukee-art-scene” piece for the Journal Sentinel is also discussed, followed by some spirited banter about a recent study suggesting reading online comments can be harmful to your understanding of the news. Per usual, the half-hour is rounded out with talk about Leonard Cohen, John The Savage, Ed Asner, and Matt’s awful winter beard.