The Disclaimer: Disappointments and more disappointments
More Now Streaming
- Listen to a new Call Me Lightning song because holy fucking shit, it’s a new Call Me Lightning song
- The Disclaimer: R.I.P. The Onion and A.V. Club Milwaukee
- The Disclaimer: Hate mail, lakefront development, and more
- The Disclaimer: NEWaukee’s Angela Damiani explains the whole ’Creational Trails, urban camping thing
- The Disclaimer: Urban camping as art, and Spotify as the end of music
Nearly every Wednesday at noon, Ryan Schleicher of WMSE, Evan Rytlewski of the Shepherd Express, and Matt Wild of The A.V. Club Milwaukee take to the WMSE airwaves to discuss all things Milwaukee. The half-hour fun-fest is called The Disclaimer, so titled because none of the sometimes-cranky and ridiculous opinions expressed during the show represent those of the three hosts’ employers. Milwaukee music, Milwaukee art, Milwaukee events, and D.I.Y. lawn care tips are frequently discussed—and rarely agreed upon.
This week on The Disclaimer, Ryan, Evan, and Matt explore a Valentine’s Day-friendly theme: disappointment. First up, the hosts lament the news that tireles Milwaukee band The Celebrated Workingman will be playing its final show Saturday at the Cactus Club, opening for Retribution Gospel Choir. Our recent piece on 10 Milwaukee pop-culture heartbreaks kicks off the next discussion, with Evan paying tribute to Atomic Records and Matt forgetting when The Globe East shut down. (2003, not 2009.) Finally, Ryan touches on another local disappointment, Ryan Braun’s ongoing PED scandal. The half-hour wraps up, per usual, with everyone agreeing that steroids are pretty great.