The Disclaimer: Fall show recaps, the Milwaukee Film Festival, and—sigh—the Packers
More Now Streaming
- Listen to a new Call Me Lightning song because holy fucking shit, it’s a new Call Me Lightning song
- The Disclaimer: R.I.P. The Onion and A.V. Club Milwaukee
- The Disclaimer: Hate mail, lakefront development, and more
- The Disclaimer: NEWaukee’s Angela Damiani explains the whole ’Creational Trails, urban camping thing
- The Disclaimer: Urban camping as art, and Spotify as the end of music
Nearly every Wednesday at noon, WMSE’s Ryan Schleicher, Shepherd Express’ Evan Rytlewski, and A.V. Club Milwaukee’s Matt Wild take to the WMSE airwaves to discuss all things Milwaukee. The half-hour fun-fest is called The Disclaimer, so titled because none of the sometimes-cranky and ridiculous opinions expressed during the show represent those of the three hosts’ employers.
This week on The Disclaimer: Ryan, Evan, and Matt—well, just Evan—recap some of their favorite early-fall concerts. The gents share their excitement for the 2012 Milwaukee Film Festival, while Matt wonders why local production company Red Letter Media (those dudes behind the epic Star Wars prequel recaps) don’t get enough love in their hometown. Finally, Evan and Matt briefly discuss Monday night’s “football game” against the Packers and Seahawks, and Ryan comes out of the closet at a Bears and White Sox fan. Barf.