The Disclaimer: Freshwater Way, the Nobel Prize, and Screech
More Now Streaming
- The Disclaimer: The (contentious) state of Milwaukee jazz
- Pass for 18 (in the dark) with the new Young Holidays single, “Jackie Kennedy”
- The Disclaimer: The trouble with indie rock
- The Disclaimer: Lights on the Hoan Bridge, more taxis in the streets, and a new downtown arena
- The Disclaimer: “May The Schwartz Be With You”
Nearly every Wednesday at noon, WMSE’s Ryan Schleicher, Shepherd Express’ Evan Rytlewski, and A.V. Club Milwaukee’s Matt Wild take to the WMSE airwaves to discuss all things Milwaukee. The half-hour fun-fest is called The Disclaimer, so titled because none of the sometimes-cranky and ridiculous opinions expressed during the show represent those of the three hosts’ employers.
This week on The Disclaimer: Ryan, Evan, and Matt discuss the less-than-controversial renaming of Pittsburgh Ave. to “Freshwater Way,” and marvel at how quickly the city has embraced its new image as the freshwater capitol of the universe. Matt gives a shout-out to Milwaukee-born Nobel prize winner Dr. David Wineland (we know you’re listening, Dave), and Ryan and Evan show their love for the “Dear MKE” video series. The trio also dives into the complexities of the 19th century women’s suffrage movement, and—okay, not really, but they do talk about Dustin Diamond’s Bayside Bash for about 10 minutes.