The Disclaimer: Harley, buying local, and year-end lists
More Now Streaming
- The Disclaimer: The (contentious) state of Milwaukee jazz
- Pass for 18 (in the dark) with the new Young Holidays single, “Jackie Kennedy”
- The Disclaimer: The trouble with indie rock
- The Disclaimer: Lights on the Hoan Bridge, more taxis in the streets, and a new downtown arena
- The Disclaimer: “May The Schwartz Be With You”
Nearly every Wednesday at noon, WMSE’s Ryan Schleicher, Shepherd Express’ Evan Rytlewski, and A.V. Club Milwaukee’s Matt Wild take to the WMSE airwaves to discuss all things Milwaukee. The half-hour fun-fest is called The Disclaimer, so titled because none of the sometimes-cranky and ridiculous opinions expressed during the show represent those of the three hosts’ employers.
This week on The Disclaimer: Following another brilliant intro from Milwaukee’s own Paul Cebar, Ryan, Evan, and Matt bite into a host of equally brilliant topics. First up: Harley-Davidson’s upcoming 110th anniversary. Remember when Elton John played for the company’s 100th anniversary? Yup, so does everyone else. A new “buy-local” ordinance is discussed next, followed by some thoughts on the glut of year-end lists. Not discussed (sadly): Girl Meets World.