The Disclaimer: Kill the critics?
More Now Streaming
- Listen to a new Call Me Lightning song because holy fucking shit, it’s a new Call Me Lightning song
- The Disclaimer: R.I.P. The Onion and A.V. Club Milwaukee
- The Disclaimer: Hate mail, lakefront development, and more
- The Disclaimer: NEWaukee’s Angela Damiani explains the whole ’Creational Trails, urban camping thing
- The Disclaimer: Urban camping as art, and Spotify as the end of music
Nearly every Wednesday at noon, Ryan Schleicher of WMSE, Evan Rytlewski of the Shepherd Express, and Matt Wild of A.V. Club Milwaukee take to the WMSE airwaves to discuss all things Milwaukee. The half-hour fun-fest is called The Disclaimer, so titled because none of the sometimes cranky and ridiculous opinions expressed during the show represent those of the three hosts’ employers. Milwaukee music, Milwaukee art, Milwaukee events, and D.I.Y. lawn care tips are frequently discussed—and rarely agreed upon.
With more and more newspapers ditching their art/film/music/culture critics, Ryan, Evan, and Matt discuss the role of critics in the 21st century. Do we still need critics? Are show and album reviews necessary? What about Milwaukee’s critical landscape? But before all that fun, Matt surprises The Disclaimer’s very own Milwaukee flag booster, Evan, with a special gift. Per usual, laughter, theories on the Milwaukee Illuminati, and jokes about The Shops of Grand Avenue ensue.
Agree? Disagree? Let us know what you think at our Facebook page, or at our email address, email@example.com. And if you prefer to listen to The Disclaimer in podcast form, subscribe to the show on iTunes. (Old shows can also be found here.)