The Disclaimer: Milwaukee media that gets it right
More Now Streaming
- Listen to a new Call Me Lightning song because holy fucking shit, it’s a new Call Me Lightning song
- The Disclaimer: R.I.P. The Onion and A.V. Club Milwaukee
- The Disclaimer: Hate mail, lakefront development, and more
- The Disclaimer: NEWaukee’s Angela Damiani explains the whole ’Creational Trails, urban camping thing
- The Disclaimer: Urban camping as art, and Spotify as the end of music
Nearly every Wednesday at noon, Ryan Schleicher of WMSE, Evan Rytlewski of the Shepherd Express, and Matt Wild of A.V. Club Milwaukee take to the WMSE airwaves to discuss all things Milwaukee. The half-hour fun-fest is called The Disclaimer, so titled because none of the sometimes cranky and ridiculous opinions expressed during the show represent those of the three hosts’ employers. Milwaukee music, Milwaukee art, Milwaukee events, and D.I.Y. lawn care tips are frequently discussed—and rarely agreed upon.
It’s easy to talk about the many, many times Milwaukee media screws things up, but what about the times it gets things right? Ryan, Evan, and Matt spend the entire show praising the local writers, publications, and institutions that are doing a terrific job—from the folks at Urban Milwaukee and the Journal Sentinel to Ted Perry and Bonnie North. Matt even goes to bat for Info* Magazine, of all things, while Evan shares his admiration for Bob Uecker’s second banana, Joe Block.
Agree? Disagree? Let us know what you think at our Facebook page, or at our email address, email@example.com. And if you prefer to listen to The Disclaimer in podcast form, subscribe to the show on iTunes. (Old shows can also be found here.)