The Disclaimer: Sex, race, and restaurant reviews
More Now Streaming
- The Disclaimer: The (contentious) state of Milwaukee jazz
- Pass for 18 (in the dark) with the new Young Holidays single, “Jackie Kennedy”
- The Disclaimer: The trouble with indie rock
- The Disclaimer: Lights on the Hoan Bridge, more taxis in the streets, and a new downtown arena
- The Disclaimer: “May The Schwartz Be With You”
Nearly every Wednesday at noon, WMSE’s Ryan Schleicher, Shepherd Express’ Evan Rytlewski, and A.V. Club Milwaukee’s Matt Wild take to the WMSE airwaves to discuss all things Milwaukee. The half-hour fun-fest is called The Disclaimer, so titled because none of the sometimes-cranky and ridiculous opinions expressed during the show represent those of the three hosts’ employers.
This week on The Disclaimer, Ryan and Evan stage an intervention for Matt, who is once again horrified by the music and videos of Chester French. But it’s Evan who ends up taking the most offense to the group’s ironic R&B, leading to a discussion of race, music, and sex. (A few painful seconds of Chester French’s newest song, “Drop,” are also heard.) This somehow segues into a chat about a negative restaurant review and subsequent apology from OnMilwaukee’s Dave Begel, and some thoughts on what it means to be critical in the first place. Things wrap up the way they usually do, with jokes about Guy Fieri, Screech, and Matt’s recent bowling scores.