The Disclaimer: The “Mayors Challenge,” the Milwaukee Streetcar, and vanishing JS endorsements
More Now Streaming
- Listen to a new Call Me Lightning song because holy fucking shit, it’s a new Call Me Lightning song
- The Disclaimer: R.I.P. The Onion and A.V. Club Milwaukee
- The Disclaimer: Hate mail, lakefront development, and more
- The Disclaimer: NEWaukee’s Angela Damiani explains the whole ’Creational Trails, urban camping thing
- The Disclaimer: Urban camping as art, and Spotify as the end of music
Nearly every Wednesday at noon, WMSE’s Ryan Schleicher, Shepherd Express’ Evan Rytlewski, and A.V. Club Milwaukee’s Matt Wild take to the WMSE airwaves to discuss all things Milwaukee. The half-hour fun-fest is called The Disclaimer, so titled because none of the sometimes-cranky and ridiculous opinions expressed during the show represent those of the three hosts’ employers.
This week on The Disclaimer, Matt brings the crew up to date on Milwaukee's standing in Michael Bloomberg's “Mayors Challenge,” and wonders if the other 300 cities that entered the competition even tried. The once-contentious Milwaukee Streetcar project is covered next, followed by Ryan and Evan weighing in on the Journal Sentinel’s decision to discontinue its political endorsements. Oh, and Matt gives a shout-out to the newly released Halo 4, which is awesome.