The Disclaimer: The “Mayors Challenge,” the Milwaukee Streetcar, and vanishing JS endorsements
More Now Streaming
- The Disclaimer: 2013 Summerfest preview
- Listen to Hugh Bob And The Hustle perform four songs for Daytrotter
- The Disclaimer: What we talk about when we talk about Milwaukee art
- The Disclaimer: The (contentious) state of Milwaukee jazz
- Pass for 18 (in the dark) with the new Young Holidays single, “Jackie Kennedy”
Nearly every Wednesday at noon, WMSE’s Ryan Schleicher, Shepherd Express’ Evan Rytlewski, and A.V. Club Milwaukee’s Matt Wild take to the WMSE airwaves to discuss all things Milwaukee. The half-hour fun-fest is called The Disclaimer, so titled because none of the sometimes-cranky and ridiculous opinions expressed during the show represent those of the three hosts’ employers.
This week on The Disclaimer, Matt brings the crew up to date on Milwaukee's standing in Michael Bloomberg's “Mayors Challenge,” and wonders if the other 300 cities that entered the competition even tried. The once-contentious Milwaukee Streetcar project is covered next, followed by Ryan and Evan weighing in on the Journal Sentinel’s decision to discontinue its political endorsements. Oh, and Matt gives a shout-out to the newly released Halo 4, which is awesome.