The Disclaimer: The Shops of Grand Avenue, winter fun, and fake subways
More Now Streaming
- Listen to a new Call Me Lightning song because holy fucking shit, it’s a new Call Me Lightning song
- The Disclaimer: R.I.P. The Onion and A.V. Club Milwaukee
- The Disclaimer: Hate mail, lakefront development, and more
- The Disclaimer: NEWaukee’s Angela Damiani explains the whole ’Creational Trails, urban camping thing
- The Disclaimer: Urban camping as art, and Spotify as the end of music
Nearly every Wednesday at noon, WMSE’s Ryan Schleicher, Shepherd Express’ Evan Rytlewski, and A.V. Club Milwaukee’s Matt Wild take to the WMSE airwaves to discuss all things Milwaukee. The half-hour fun-fest is called The Disclaimer, so titled because none of the sometimes-cranky and ridiculous opinions expressed during the show represent those of the three hosts’ employers.
This week on The Disclaimer (which now has its own Facebook page), Ryan, Evan, and Matt—all of whom are noted experts on retail—discuss The Shops of Grand Avenue, and what, if anything, can be done to save them. Burnhearts’ Feb. 9 outdoor block party is up next, as is a brief mention of Matt’s fantasy broomball league. Finally, the fun-loving trio weighs in on a fanciful map of Milwaukee’s non-existant subway system. Emmanuel Lewis—a.k.a. TV’s Webster—also gets a FCC-mandated shout-out.