The Disclaimer: The Shops of Grand Avenue, winter fun, and fake subways
More Now Streaming
- Listen to Hugh Bob And The Hustle perform four songs for Daytrotter
- The Disclaimer: What we talk about when we talk about Milwaukee art
- The Disclaimer: The (contentious) state of Milwaukee jazz
- Pass for 18 (in the dark) with the new Young Holidays single, “Jackie Kennedy”
- The Disclaimer: The trouble with indie rock
Nearly every Wednesday at noon, WMSE’s Ryan Schleicher, Shepherd Express’ Evan Rytlewski, and A.V. Club Milwaukee’s Matt Wild take to the WMSE airwaves to discuss all things Milwaukee. The half-hour fun-fest is called The Disclaimer, so titled because none of the sometimes-cranky and ridiculous opinions expressed during the show represent those of the three hosts’ employers.
This week on The Disclaimer (which now has its own Facebook page), Ryan, Evan, and Matt—all of whom are noted experts on retail—discuss The Shops of Grand Avenue, and what, if anything, can be done to save them. Burnhearts’ Feb. 9 outdoor block party is up next, as is a brief mention of Matt’s fantasy broomball league. Finally, the fun-loving trio weighs in on a fanciful map of Milwaukee’s non-existant subway system. Emmanuel Lewis—a.k.a. TV’s Webster—also gets a FCC-mandated shout-out.