The Disclaimer: Too many shows, urban playgrounds, and student journalism
More Now Streaming
- Listen to a new Call Me Lightning song because holy fucking shit, it’s a new Call Me Lightning song
- The Disclaimer: R.I.P. The Onion and A.V. Club Milwaukee
- The Disclaimer: Hate mail, lakefront development, and more
- The Disclaimer: NEWaukee’s Angela Damiani explains the whole ’Creational Trails, urban camping thing
- The Disclaimer: Urban camping as art, and Spotify as the end of music
Nearly every Wednesday at noon, WMSE’s Ryan Schleicher, Shepherd Express’ Evan Rytlewski, and A.V. Club Milwaukee’s Matt Wild take to the WMSE airwaves to discuss all things Milwaukee. The half-hour fun-fest is called The Disclaimer, so titled because none of the sometimes-cranky and ridiculous opinions expressed during the show represent those of the three hosts’ employers.
This week on The Disclaimer: Can Milwaukee audiences handle multiple shows in a single night, weekend, or week? That’s the question Ryan, Evan, and Matt tackle at the top of the program. Next, Evan borrows Matt’s crotchety old man cane for a few minutes and voices his displeasure with a “pop-up playground” under the Holton St. Viaduct. Finally, the trio discusses the recent woes of UWM’s student newspaper, the UWM Post.