The Disclaimer: Too many shows, urban playgrounds, and student journalism
More Now Streaming
- The Disclaimer: The (contentious) state of Milwaukee jazz
- Pass for 18 (in the dark) with the new Young Holidays single, “Jackie Kennedy”
- The Disclaimer: The trouble with indie rock
- The Disclaimer: Lights on the Hoan Bridge, more taxis in the streets, and a new downtown arena
- The Disclaimer: “May The Schwartz Be With You”
Nearly every Wednesday at noon, WMSE’s Ryan Schleicher, Shepherd Express’ Evan Rytlewski, and A.V. Club Milwaukee’s Matt Wild take to the WMSE airwaves to discuss all things Milwaukee. The half-hour fun-fest is called The Disclaimer, so titled because none of the sometimes-cranky and ridiculous opinions expressed during the show represent those of the three hosts’ employers.
This week on The Disclaimer: Can Milwaukee audiences handle multiple shows in a single night, weekend, or week? That’s the question Ryan, Evan, and Matt tackle at the top of the program. Next, Evan borrows Matt’s crotchety old man cane for a few minutes and voices his displeasure with a “pop-up playground” under the Holton St. Viaduct. Finally, the trio discusses the recent woes of UWM’s student newspaper, the UWM Post.