The Get Down New Year’s Eve at Turner Hall
More Just Announced
- Altos to provide original, 18-person score for 2013 Milwaukee Film Fest centerpiece event
- Here’s the full (and really, really good) lineup for the 2013 Summer Soulstice Music Festival
- Post-hiatus Widespread Panic returns to Milwaukee September 26, 27, 28
- Jaill to premiere new song and video at Mad Planet June 15
- Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward—a.k.a. She & Him—to play Riverside Theater June 28
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: The Get Down is one of the best—if not the best—dance parties in Milwaukee. A guaranteed-to-be-sweaty night of ultra-rare funk and soul music (all spun from original vinyl 45s), the event has long drawn a refreshingly diverse and upbeat crowd and set it dancing to some impossibly funky jams. This past weekend, DJs Andy Noble, Brent Goodsell, and Opiated Black celebrated the eighth anniversary of The Get Down; today, they’ve announced that the party will return to Turner Hall for another epic New Year’s Eve blowout. General admission tickets go on sale Friday, Oct. 14 at noon, and are $15. For $35, you’ll be entitled to all-you-can-drink beer, wine, and rails. Pick your tickets up early, and prepare for an all-night dance marathon.