The Milwaukee Film Festival: 17 percent better than last year
More Local Newswire
- Read how Trapper Schoepp jumped to conclusions and bumped into Tom from Office Space at Comet
- Looking for a cheap colonoscopy? Come to Milwaukee!
- Here’s the predictably awesome lineup for the 2013 Locust Street Festival
- Your bra bomb better work, Nerdlinger: Kenosha-based Jockey has reinvented the bra
- Bucketworks would very much like to raise $18,000 by the end of the day
The 2011 Milwaukee Film Festival came to a close over the weekend, ending an incredible 11-day marathon of films, panel discussions, and swanky after-parties. And while no one likes a hangover, the good news is that the fest was a rousing success. Yesterday, Milwaukee Film announced the winners of the festival, as well as the fact that attendance was up 17 percent from 2010. In addition, 22 films sold out, membership in Milwaukee Film more than doubled, and the total number of film buffs walking through the turnstiles was 35,703.
While 17 percent may not seem like much, when you consider that last year saw a 50-percent increase from the year before, it’s not too shabby. And the city patiently awaits the spin from the Shepherd Express...