The Milwaukee Film Festival: 17 percent better than last year
More Local Newswire
- Here’s the info on our three—three!—farewell parties
- Listen to Fable & The World Flat remix San Fermin
- It’s time for us to say goodbye good, Milwaukee
- Die Kreuzen to release remastered versions of Cows And Beer EP for Record Store Day 2014
- According to Hot Topic and a bunch of Hot Topic-y bands, The Rave is haunted
The 2011 Milwaukee Film Festival came to a close over the weekend, ending an incredible 11-day marathon of films, panel discussions, and swanky after-parties. And while no one likes a hangover, the good news is that the fest was a rousing success. Yesterday, Milwaukee Film announced the winners of the festival, as well as the fact that attendance was up 17 percent from 2010. In addition, 22 films sold out, membership in Milwaukee Film more than doubled, and the total number of film buffs walking through the turnstiles was 35,703.
While 17 percent may not seem like much, when you consider that last year saw a 50-percent increase from the year before, it’s not too shabby. And the city patiently awaits the spin from the Shepherd Express...