The Packers score big ratings, and Gus Gnorski leaves Milwaukee TV
More News Net
- City of Milwaukee planning new and exciting ways to ticket your car
- The Milwaukee streetcar project is still happening, whether you like it or not
- Prove you love Milwaukee by donating to a worthwhile local Kickstarter campaign for a change
- Cruel and vengeful God chuckles softly to self, announces first Summerfest headliner
- Milwaukee is a finalist in “The Mayors Challenge”—but could it actually win?
Since sifting through dull newspapers, hyperbolic blogs, and overflowing RSS feeds for meaningful news can be an arduous process, News Net catches and compiles both the amusing and the significant reports that were overlooked throughout the weekend.
• The least surprising news from the weekend is that the Packers-Eagles game got huge ratings on Sunday, not just locally, but nationally, says the Journal Sentinel. The Packers play the Falcons at 7 p.m. Saturday.
• The media are comparing a Milwaukee man known for sharing his conspiracy theories online to the person that shot U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson, Arizona on Saturday.
• Longtime area broadcaster Gus Gnorski retired from Fox 6 at the end of 2010, after suffering from heart failure just before Christmas.