Tracy Morgan to bring his “Excuse My French” tour to Pabst Theater
More Just Announced
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds to play first-ever headlining Milwaukee show June 20 at Milwaukee Theatre
- The Get Down will return to Turner Hall for annual New Year’s Eve bash
- Martin Short to perform at Pabst Theater January 18
- Screech strikes back: Dustin Diamond’s Bayside Bash returns to Turner Hall Nov. 27
- Metric to play Turner Hall Nov. 22
The Emmy/Peabody/Golden Globe-winning (and recently departed) comedy 30 Rock would have been nothing without veteran SNL comedian and star Tracy Morgan. Morgan’s erratic and hilarious Tracy Jordan animated plots with his man-child-like behavior: acting like he’s illiterate, demanding to go to space, etc. Some critics wonder where the deft, brilliant Morgan ends and borderline-psychotic Jordan begins, and a good place to parse that difference is onstage. Morgan’s stand-up takes full advantage of the lack of television censors, so expect loads of political incorrectness as well as masturbation and sex jokes delivered with Jordan’s jazz-like, improvisational riffing. The act might not stray too far into taboo territory, given Morgan’s past run-in with the PC police over some disparaging remarks he made about the LGBT community, but buttons will end up pushed all the same.