Wait Wait...Don’t Tell Me! at Riverside Theater
More Just Announced
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds to play first-ever headlining Milwaukee show June 20 at Milwaukee Theatre
- The Get Down will return to Turner Hall for annual New Year’s Eve bash
- Martin Short to perform at Pabst Theater January 18
- Screech strikes back: Dustin Diamond’s Bayside Bash returns to Turner Hall Nov. 27
- Metric to play Turner Hall Nov. 22
A sort of cousin to The Daily Show, NPR’s Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me! is a weekly news-quiz program that’s equally funny and informative. Host Peter Sagal leads the show along with official scorekeeper/judge/legendary NPR newsman Carl Kasell and a rotating panel of expert smartasses that includes Daily Show alum Mo Rocca, comedian Paula Poundstone, and author P.J. O’Rourke. The show has grown in popularity since its 1998 debut (it’s syndicated in more than 350 cities), and it works particularly well in the live environment, where Sagal and the panelists feed off the crowd’s energy and riff away.
Milwaukee will be able to witness those riffs live when Wait Wait...Don’t Tell Me! comes to the Riverside Theater Thursday, Nov. 15. Reserved seating tickets are $40, $50, and $60, and go on sale Friday, Sept. 28 at noon.