Waste your 20s watching the video for Sat. Nite Duets’ “Of Age”
More Visual Audio
- Think spring with the video for Klassik’s “ForeverWhatever”
- Take a two-wheeled tour of Milwaukee with The Fatty Acids and Cream City Soundcheck
- Oedipus Tex And The Motherfuckers (and Grand Avenue’s singing bears) want to kill your cell phone
- Watch the trailer for the upcoming Old Earth album, Small Hours
- The video for Juiceboxxx’s “Like A Renegade” is deceptively simple, awesome
No Milwaukee band is better suited to the lazy, hazy days of summer than shamble-rock outfit Sat. Nite Duets. The group’s Summer Of Punishment is almost certain to land on our year-end best-of list, and the album’s standout single “Of Age” is a perfect combination of both heat-wave poetry (“Take your handle off the bars and fly / pretty soon it’s going to be July”) and bittersweet nostalgia (“Wasting your 20s / How do you have enough money?”) Now, Sat. Nite Duets has thrown together a video for the song, which includes shots of the group grilling out and generally fucking around. Oh, and some hilarious Battle of the Bands footage from the distant year of 2005. Dig that stage jump!
While not as ambitious as, say, the jaw-dropping video for “Throwback Man,” the “Of Age” clip gets by on its universal, “dudes-hanging-out” appeal. Even the extended phone call that opens the video is something we can all relate to. Who among us hasn’t won a “pussy award” for refusing to go out and drink tequila?
(Sat. Nite Duets headline the Cascio Interstate Groove Stage tonight at Summerfest.)