Watch footage from Jaill’s record release show at Bay View Bowl
More Visual Audio
- Watch Volcano Choir perform “Byegone” on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon
- Flip out (and do cartwheels and handstands) with The Fatty Acids
- Let WC Tank cut through your conscious neural interference with the video for “Demigodz (Of Tha Law)”
- Think spring with the video for Klassik’s “ForeverWhatever”
- Take a two-wheeled tour of Milwaukee with The Fatty Acids and Cream City Soundcheck
It’s hard to remember a time when it wasn’t 8,000 degrees outside and Milwaukee wasn’t resigned to staring off into the middle distance in their darkened, air-conditioned apartments. But back in early June, summer was still a thing we were all looking forward to, and Milwaukee’s Jaill was there to usher it in. The group threw a party to end all parties at Bay View Bowl, of all places, to celebrate the release of its second album for Sub Pop, Traps. If you didn’t make it, you missed out on a night of music, bowling, free tacos (!), and enough furry costumed characters to make Bob Uecker blush. Too bad there’s no video evidence of that epic night.
Oh wait, there is. Courtesy of Rock N Roller Remote Controller comes this footage from the Traps release show. In it, Jaill performs the sinewy “I’m Home” while a bowling alley full of monsters, freaks, and other assorted Milwaukeeans get their dance on. Check it out below.
The fine folks in Jaill are currently on tour throughout the U.S. until mid-September, after which they’ll head to Europe for a four week stint.