Watch Trapper Schoepp And The Shades sing the national anthem at Miller Park
More Local Newswire
- Here’s the info on our three—three!—farewell parties
- Listen to Fable & The World Flat remix San Fermin
- It’s time for us to say goodbye good, Milwaukee
- Die Kreuzen to release remastered versions of Cows And Beer EP for Record Store Day 2014
- According to Hot Topic and a bunch of Hot Topic-y bands, The Rave is haunted
Trapper Schoepp And The Shades’ big year just keeps keepin’ on. The band signed to SideOneDummy Records earlier this summer, and its excellent third record, Run, Engine, Run will be re-released on the label Sept. 25. Add to that a handful of high-profile shows throughout the Midwest, and you have the makings of a true Milwaukee music success story. About the only thing left for the young Schoepp and his Shades to accomplish is to sing the national anthem at Miller Park. Which, of course, is something they did before an Aug. 22 Brewers-Cubs game.
Check out a video of the performance below. Things are a little shaky at first—you try singing that song in front of 35,000 people—but the boys quickly find their footing and stick the landing. Congrats, gents!
(Trapper Schoepp And The Shades’ next show is Saturday, Sept. 8 during the WMSE Backyard BBQ.)